I am back to insomnia after 2 nights of really good sleep. Basically I haven't slept through the night in about 12-13 years and I don't like taking drugs to make me sleep so it's a totally sick cycle.
I've been up since 4:30 doing financial things, reading catalogs, listening to my dogs snore, they snore so loudly for chihuahuas.
Fashion week is upon us, I'm excited and a drop overwhelmed. It's my first working fashion week and not as a spectator.
This weekend I plan to do a lot of self care in anticipation of the anti-self care I will be practicing next week. Tonight I'll spend time with my friend Elizabeth and hit the 10pm Bikram class on the LES. It's been a few weeks since I've done yoga and I feel completely out of shape and gross, my teacher training begins in 2 weeks and I feel like I'll be the oldest and grossest person in the room. At least that's how I feel in this moment, it will change once I get moving.
My friend Liam just finished his yoga teacher training and I'm really excited for him! He's a terrific guy, when I met him I didn't get the vibe he would be doing something like that at all, I really mis-judged him and I feel a little bad. He's totally the opposite of what I expected, anyway, he's done today and I'm filled with immense joy for him as I've watched him on quite the personal journey in the past year.
Tomorrow I'm going to do some spinning! I haven't been spinning in so long, maybe since 2004, I actually own a really nice pair of spinning shoes and am very excited.
Sunday I chair a womens meeting out here in Park Slope and hopefully my sponsee will be coming and doing some work with me. That would be really nice, she's my first sponsee and the kick off hasn't been exactly what I have imagined. I guess I was so desperate and broken when I came into AA I was thrilled to get help and did anything to make that happen. This is all gods will not mine, so I'm going with the flow. I like to do things that I know I would like from a sponsor so I send her little text messages of sober love and support, she seems to like that and it yields a nice response.
Btw I am very open and proud of my recovery and being a member of AA. I do plan on discussing it a bit further in this blog as it naturally works into the land scape of my writing.
Well I guess I could get out of bed now it's 6:15am and things do actually start to happen somewhere in the world. It will be so nice when spring finally arrives and the sun is up this early. Right now all of the snow is iced over and it looks like mini-glaciers, it's pretty neat, but this is the time of the year where you start saying "enough winter, spring, please god bring spring" And the temperature hasn't dipped below 0 yet....But as my friend Paula wrote today, she is grateful for all the snow because last summer we were almost in a drought situation and just you wait till you see spring blooming this year! Oh Paula, just thinking of that made me really happy.
Just got caught up on your blog. Thank-you for being so open...you are a great writer! I too have turned myself into a morning person...how in the hell that happened I still have no idea! Every day I'm up at 5am and heading out to the gym...and could not feel happier/more productive!
ReplyDeletecame across a great yoga site. it has taught me some tricks to enhance my practice and i think it may be helpful when you begin your training (so excited for you!)
ReplyDeletewww.dailybandha.com