Thursday, June 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Les Paul

Today is Les Paul's 96th birthday

He would have been 96, Les died in 2009.

Les was my friend

Today my heart is heavy, all the beautiful tributes and outpouring of love for Les. I wish he could see it.  I think he does from heaven.

Les often mentioned that he was sad that people didn't visit him when they were in town touring or didn't call him back. eh, um Jeff Beck, but that's another story that makes me sick.

Les would have loved all the attention, the Google page would have delighted him to know end.

I've written before about Les and our friendship in the past. You can read old blogs about it

Today I say Happy Birthday my friend, thank you for so much on a personal level and on behalf of so many people your inventions, your music touched and still affects daily.  I hope in heaven you found a giant workshop to spend your nights creating when you aren't jamming w Gods ultimate band

And thanks for being my family and friend in New York

Love

Shanon

No comments:

Post a Comment