Somedays it's ok to feel sad. To cry, to let sadness, hurt, pain and emotions out.
It's ok to miss:
-hugging your friends
-your dead dog and his horrible breath
-your mom even though she's fucked up and you know you have to remove yourself from that relationship to keep your own sanity
-the Greenwood Group
-the best/worst friend you ever had in the world
-babycakes
-the smell of a really stinky Bikram yoga studio
-fire island, the LIRR and the Ferry
-magnolia trees
-the f/n/r trains
-doing the crossword on the subway in the morning
-that guys at your bodega, who always told you how pretty you looked or zipped up your dress the final 1" or just hung out with you smoking on a summer night cos you all needed someone to talk to
-coffee from Nadres
-brownies
-living in a 4th floor walk up for almost 15 years and always forgetting something once you got to the bottom of the stairs
-hazel
-cheering on the runners in the ny marathon at the corner of 4th ave and 15th street
-knowing that you just stumbled upon an AA meeting because 10 people are smoking in a group on the street outside a random building and they don't look drunk and you need a meeting
Today I miss New York. I miss my friends all over the world. And I know it's ok to cry, to HALT and to feel my feelings. Because I actually have feelings and I'm human.
This too shall pass.
Shanon
No comments:
Post a Comment