Sunday, January 23, 2011

Let's Talk About Remembering People Who Helped You

So on my mind a lot these past few months are very ungrateful people I have come across in my life who seem to forget when someone has gone out of their way to help them.

Unfortunately this happens more often than I would like and by writing this I am most likely alienating myself from people, which is fine.

It's incredible to me that someone forgets when another human being goes out of their way to do something special for another person, it could be incorporating them into something that leads to the path which become their career,  being there for them in a difficult time, giving them a place to live and a job when they were looking at being homeless, suggesting their venue for an event to help them get a break into a new crowd,  loaning them an instrument from your personal collection because they need it for an audition, etc.  The list goes on and on.

The point I'm getting at is the complete and utter disrespect these people have for just remembering this kindness.  Hey return a call or an email, return the borrowed item, remember that situation when they ask for your help, keep in mind what you might be doing may hurt them.

I can't control other people, I am aware of this, I can only work on myself to be a better person and not treat people like I have been treated.  

If I've ever done this to you I sincerely apologize, it's never my intention to hurt or disrespect someone.

If one of the people I've listed is you, keep in mind the simpleness of returning a call or email, saying thank you once in a while or thinking beyond your own needs goes a long way.











No comments:

Post a Comment