This past week felt like a freight train on slow motion, I started a new job, career actually in the past two weeks and it's a good amount of growing pains.
But this morning, it's quiet, I'm listening to my "friend" Kelli Scarr's album Piece, very mellow, exactly what Sunday morning calls for, my dogs are resting around the living room as I type the first entry on my new blog "I've got more rhymes than phyllis diller." Clearly a line inspired by The Beastie Boys.
Btw I use the phrase "friend" loosely all the time, Kelli and I know each other, she is terrific, we worked together in my past life as an artist relations person at Gibson Guitar. Our mutual friend (really good friends will not have quotations around the word friend, so yes Moby is a good friend) Moby introduced us. Yes I plan on dropping names in my blog, so sux it.
You can find more on Kelli at www.kelliscarrmusic.com
As I write this Kelli's album ended and my ex-boyfriends demo just started playing. I will be speaking more about him in this blog as he is a huge part of who I am today and the changes that have happened in my life to get here. For the most part I wish him well, for the most part.
For the past few years I've been "working" (again loosely) on a book about my life. Originally titled "All Growns Up In Beverly Hills," as I grew up in Beverly Hills, CA. Mostly inspired at my friend Molly Small's encouragement to take stories I would remember when drinking and put them into one set of memoirs.
Two years ago I hit my bottom and after 20+ years of drinking I went into recovery and stopped writing the book. At one point I even had a book agent, but I stopped, needed to focus on the wreckage of my broken life.
Well, I'm ready to start again, this blog is going to help me with the book and also get some of my random everyday thoughts on "paper."
Here are my random thoughts today:
- I don't understand Linkedin, it's like Facebook but for work? Why? And the people that Linkedin me are a bit annoying
- The oven also doubles as a toaster, I don't own a toaster (lack of counter space) so this morning I made toast in the oven. Yum toast.
- What other item can I use instead of dish soap? I ran out of dish soap and I have sink full of dishes, maybe laundry soap or shampoo
- Wouldn't it be nice if groceries just showed up?
- It would be nice if I got to yoga class today and an AA meeting
- I don't want to go to yoga class or an AA meeting today (see the battle in my head?)
- It's really nice to have a clean apartment, minus the dishes on a Sunday morning
- I have a $300 Nespresso machine and never have the pods, annoying but my own fault
- I have a crush, it sux, I wish it would go away, life is easier when you don't have one
Ok that's enough for post one. I'm going to finish my coffee, watch Ugly Betty and knit the other glove to the awesome pair of opera length fingerless gloves I am making myself without elbows. I'll post a pic when they are done.
Have a good Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment