The past few days my head has been in Nepal. I can't stop thinking about this trip I'm planning on taking next year to trek the Anapurnas.
God seems to be sending me little hints & gifts to let me know this journey is supposed to happen as well. My new web designer is from....Nepal. She is this totally hip little chick who came here a few years ago with her brother, we were talking over breakfast at Perch (if you haven't been go, not too vegan friendly, but yummy and they have cute little bird graphics on the cups) and she was telling me about her family in Nepal. Then I mentioned I was going to trek the Anapurnas next year and start in Katmandu. Her family lives in Katmandu and she promised to hook me up with friends to show me around the city.
Seriously, I've traveled all over the world and lived in NYC for 13+ years now, I have NEVER met anyone from Katmandu or Nepal. This is a total sign I'm supposed to take this trip.
I have this little fantasy of begin Marion from Raiders of The Lost Ark in a way. Remember when you first meet her? She's out drinking this huge Nepalese man in her bar. But that part of the fantasy is gone. Now I'll be part Marion and part me, more me than Marion because for the first time in my life I feel more me than anyone else.
I want my sherpa, my pack, to walk, hear the wind blow, have perfect silence at times, sleep in little tea houses, meditate, do yoga and just be, be really still at times.
Sarahana and I discussed visiting Everest while I was over on that side of the earth. It's not close but it's a lot closer than it is to New York, so I might do that as well.
So that's where my head has been the past few days, really dreaming of Anapurnas, feeling about this trip like it was a lover I was meeting in a pied-à-terre . Giving me so much happiness and peace knowing it's on the horizon.
Oh, and I am moving to Queens. I feel good about that too.
Shanon
Nar Phu
More pics from Anapurna Treks, I want to meditate here! And wake up here! Wow


No comments:
Post a Comment