Sunday, February 13, 2011

Fashion Week Hangover & Spending Sunday In Bed...Alone and Happy

Hello Lovers and happy almost valentine's day.

I've been engulfed in Fashion Week and it's been wonderful. My first NYFW as a worker bee and not a spectator, it was really spectacular to work with a team of people who are plain and simple good, nice, caring and believe in what they are doing.  No ego, no any of that, lovely people with a goal, working as one and enjoying the ride.  

The presentation yesterday at The Pace Gallery was absolutely beautiful and I really couldn't be more proud of Kimberly and the team as a whole.  I really don't think I've ever worked on a project that had that much positivity  happening from beginning to end.  We'll have pics up soon on Kim's website/FB, etc so you can check them out in a few hours.

So beyond the great event....I learned that I really don't want to work at that pace anytime soon.  My body really had a rough go as well as my mind, two little auras during the week, I believe I needed more rest.  Today I'm physically tired from being on my feet all day, I was the last person to leave the gallery last night, but still was in bed by 9pm :)

The highlight of my week was eating noodles in a little shop w my darling MS.  He makes me smile so big that my face actually hurts when I leave him.  A small escape, intimate moment to be there for someone else, that's really what this is all about, being there for other people you love.  Oh my god, I forgot I also got a present in the mail this week from MS, so double special highlights both involving one incredible human. 

I feel guilty when I leave my doggies for too many hours, this isn't good and they seem so sad.  It's awful.  Something I have discovered is I don't want to work a job that I have to be chained to a desk for 8+ hours a day and I don't want to be away from doggies and people I love for too long either. 

New friends & old friends....I love my interns, they are the greatest.  There must be a special skill that I have for picking the best interns on the planet but I have it and they rock.  I hope when they finish school they will all come back to me and work on a project eventually.  The best moment of the week was when my intern Safaa was spray painting shoes and wrapped herself in plastic, was walking through the gallery with these bright yellow shoes on her hands and Anna Wintour was across the room, the look on her face was priceless, Safaa interned at Vogue India, we all know the power of Ms Wintour.  It was her OMG moment.  I am so grateful I was there to see her face, totally priceless.  I'm also in love with my 22 year old Mexican intern Alberto who goes to school in Boston, we are betrothed already.  Apparently I have a thing for Mexican (and 1/2 Mexican) men.  I hope Alberto will come live with me when he graduates Emerson and will make me coffee everyday, we taught him how to use the coffee maker this week :)

Yes I saw Anna Wintour in person.  That was a bit exciting, but not on the Dolly Parton scale where I actually couldn't talk and began stuttering. 

Ok something I learned this week, super important.  Really handsome men work in fashion.  Really handsome, they might be a cosmetics exec or photographer, but they are sexy, handsome and I very much enjoy flirting with them.  Period.  I'm a flirt, I can't help it, they are so wonderful and smell so good.  I only want to flirt, that's it.  Eat chocolate with them and drink sparkling water and smile.   Oh yes I did all that, cos I'm a flirt, but my little heart is unthawing this is such a good thing. 

This week I have TWO dance classes!! And yoga teachers training begins!!  Plus my darling friend Mickey starts his show at the Ensemble Theatre to which I will randomly show up and watch.   It's called White People and runs until mid-March I believe, if you want to go let me know, he's shaven a handle bar mustache and side burns, for you who've seen my track record on crushes with men who have that look it's been going on since the early 90s.  I'm such a sucker....urgh.

Ok love to you all.  I read this earlier and posted it on FB but it's so lovely that I needed to say it again God lives in you, as you,  What a beautiful thought. 

xoxo

Safaa spray painting shoes

Kimberly Ovitz Fall/Winter 2011 Collection at The Pace Gallery NYFW

White People teaser video - Mickey's show runs Feb 16-March 13 @ The Ensemble Studio Theatre

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear things worked out with Beto. Sounds like you love him as much as I do :) Hope you are able to get some rest!

    ReplyDelete