Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunshine, Fears, Tears, Banana Lotion and Your Kids Snot

I had a really good weekend of yoga training.  It's nice to leave the studio when the sun is still in the sky (4:30-5pm) and feel like you can walk around and enjoy a drop of what's left of the weekend.

Lulu and I took a walk around The Slope and I treated her to a steak taco, lucky puppy.
In the last few weeks and few days I feel like I've turned another corner in my life.  Learning more and more about myself and who I'm becoming, what I like about this person and things that I want to work on improving.

Today I was very honest in my yoga training that I'm struggling with learning the dialogue we recite to the class.  I know the poses and what order they come in but the dialogue is getting stuck in my throat.  Btw I cried when I told my teacher of this fear in front of the entire class, I couldn't stop, the tears just came out.  Complete nerves take over and getting up in front of 50 people or even 10 is something I'm struggling with so much.  My brain just shuts off.  I need to take it a bit slower, the support I received from my class mates was really uplifting.  There are some incredible people in training with me and if I had more time I would love to spend it getting to know them better.  

I have made a friend that I really dig named Marisol and I'm feeling really grateful for her.  We seem to be on the same page in almost everything yoga, work, ages, etc.  It's nice to connect with someone.  Most of the time when I walk in the room I feel very disconnected from the class, I guess that's my alcoholism at it's finest, isolating me in a room filled with 54 people.  Touche ism, you strike again. 

We did a kids yoga practice on Friday night which was pretty fun.  I go back and forth on kids in general, but the yoga thing with kids seems like it might be something I would want to explore.  Here are all my current thoughts on kids because people seem to have a preconceived idea about me and small people.

a. yes they freak me out

b. i don't like germs, snot or poop

c. yes I want to have one of my own, I will call this child either Maude or Atticus

d. yes my junk is getting old so I have to figure this kid thing out sometime soon, but according to my gyno Dr Deborah Gahr (the only lady who I will let ever touch me down there) I'm a teenager by NYC standards (bless her heart)

e. kids yoga seems like something cool because parents love spending $$ on their kids and kids say funny stuff and I'm a massive goof ball so this could be a good fit. 

f. I also like old people too, so the thought of teaching them yoga is appealing as well

g. You sing a lot in Kids yoga, which if you know me, I sing a lot, so this is up my alley

h. at the end of class when the kids are in sivasana you can give the kids a 3rd eye massage, our teacher used banana scented lotion, i am now obsessed with banana scented lotion because Jess who gave me a 3rd eye massage used it too and it might be the best thing on the planet.

i. I had an epiphany in class on Friday, maybe I'll do this kids yoga training and move to Hawaii with my Mom next winter to avoid this cold weather, sublet my apt and teach kids yoga to rich  kids on maui at the fancy hotels....see this could work...aloha

This week I'm going to really try to get a routine going.  I've mapped a bit out.  My plan is to return to Bikram Yoga South Slope with a morning practice (6:30-8am), I miss Bikram so much it's depressing me, it's been my life for 3+ years, so I am bitting the bullet and the $140 a month and joining South Slope tomorrow.
I'm also going to attempt two adjustment sessions at Yoga To The People this week, we are only required to do two and I've done one already, but I need more time in the room before I  can even start thinking of tandem teaching.  Nightly I'm going to speak and practice the YTTP sequence, I think that is the only way I can really learn my dialogue.  That's how I learned my Bikram sequence.  So that's my attempt.  The thing I'm really excited about is girls night out on Sunday with Miriam and Sam, we are going to hit the 10th Street Baths for a little TT ladies R&R.  That is well deserved.

Oooh and Moby comes home this week!!! Ariston and I are planning some dork hangtime with Senor!  I can't wait, I hope he hasn't gotten hair extensions and an orange spray tan now that he lives in LA. 

That's all from here.  I wanted to share this killer picture of the sunset from my apartment and a few pics from Yoga Training when we were rolling on the floor together in Kids Yoga, it was pretty much a laughter fest.

Sunset from my fire escape in Park Slope Brooklyn

 

Kids Yoga Class, doing conveyor belt exercise
This is my friend Marisol on the conveyor belt, I thought she was going to go head first in to the brick wall but she was laughing the whole time!


No comments:

Post a Comment