Elvis Perkins - One, Two, Three Goodbye
I listened to this song about 24 hours straight when my dog died on February 24th, it gave me a lot of comfort. Today I'm listening to it again, comforting and beautiful.
Where ever the day takes us people come and go into our lives, they teach us things, they bring their individual light, love and wisdom and share it with us. This person did that for me and I believe I did the same for them, now it's time to go our separate ways and continue to grow. I will forever be grateful for the time we shared together.
I made this leap based on faith. Recently a person returned into my life who I stepped away from in the past because the relationship was not healthy for either of us. We've grown individually during this time apart and are now slowly exploring the possibility of returning to each others lives. The words they used to reach out to me so touching, understanding, looking back with compassion and fondness. When the moment arrived they returned and were there in a way that showed me what we had in the past was real, some people do leave and return. Some people are drawn towards each other because there is a bigger purpose. Soul mates.
When people discuss soul mates most of the time they speak about this romantic idea of a soul mate that you spend the rest of your time on earth together. Yes there might be those soul mates out there.
Then there are soul mates who are just there, they pop up, they help you grow into the person you are becoming, they change your life, you know the moment you meet you're supposed to be friends. This has happened to me a few times. It's not a romantic thing I speak about, it's a true understanding that you're drawn to this person for a reason, you can't describe it.
Over my 38 years on earth I've had so many people come in an out of my life. Some have made an incredible impact and shaped who I am today, some were just fun, some stayed, some moved on and every once in a while some return.
Every now and then I head to see Jana who does energy healing. She might be one of the most wondrous humans I've ever met. I knew her in a past working life and she appeared when I got sick offering her services, kindness and compassion. It's a wild ride meeting with Jana. It's personal to the point that I'm not sure I want to go in deep today, but Jana and I have discussed soul mates. She said I had two, one I had met already. At the time she said it I thought I knew who she was speaking about, but now I think I feel different. It was Jana that explained that soul mates does not always refer to the romantic idea. It's almost my birthday and I'm going to return to see Jana soon. You just know when you need to see her, something opens up and your ready. Very spiritual.
So today I say goodbye for now to my darling friend. My belief that people change each other was so apparent in our time together. My gratitude for you is undying and my faith we'll meet again one day is unwavering.
For now one, two, three...goodbye
Shanon
No comments:
Post a Comment