Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Years....Eve

A few thoughts about coming into a new year, in list form.  


I don't make New Years resolutions because I've never been able to keep them, but I'll make this list, some facts, some wishes, some plans, at the end of the year I'll look back and see what came to the surface. 



  • I'll be 40 in May 2012
  • In June I'll have 3 years of sobriety, by the grace of god
  • My friends are wonderful, I'm very lucky 
  • Lulu will be 15 years old, she's still here! Sleeping, nothing has changed
  • I will have lived in NYC for 15 years in 2012
  • At the start of 2012 I have 3 committed weekly yoga classes to teach, nice
  • 2011 was filled with triumphs and struggles, every year has them, it's ok
  • I will not willingly give my heart to someone in 2012, they will have to work on gaining my trust, even if I've known them for a while, it's too tender
  • In 2012 I look forward to finishing my book, thank you JR for being my editor and CS for being my manager, these are huge inspirations and the support is appreciated
  • On January 1, 2012 I will jump in the Atlantic Ocean again, thank you JS
  • I will get health insurance in 2012, priority
  • Somehow, someway I will trek the Annapurna in 2012
  • Whatever happens in 2012, I will take life a day at a time, there are a lot of possibilities floating out there, I will do my best to take everything that comes my way with humility and grace.
Happy New Year to you all, a year ago I started this blog and it's been quite a trip.  Thank you for reading and your support.

Shanon

No comments:

Post a Comment