Bryan Ferry of Roxy Music married his son's ex-girlfriend recently.
Ferry is 66, bride is 29. My father is 66.
Can you pick which person in this photo is the son that formerly dated the bride?
Here's a hint, he looks unhappy (2nd from left).
When I was a freshman in high school my mother then approximately my age now 39 began dating a friend of mine who was a high school senior
I was the last person to know, people made funny remarks and I would reply, "there is no way that would happen, that's my mother." One evening I caught the two of them kissing outside of our house, it had be going on for a while, I was the last to know.
Their relationship lasted about 7 years. He was and is a really good person. My mother on the other hand....self centered, never thinking of anything or anyone beyond what she wants, that's her m.o.
My mother was married at the time the relationship began. Her marriage was coming to a close. The relationship between my mother and my friend was humiliating for me, but I couldn't show that feeling to anyone. People never said anything to my face, but I know that I became a joke because of my mother. That hurt, I was incredibly resentful toward my mother for years, part of me is still angry at her.
Parents are supposed to protect their children, put the child's needs first. My mother didn't, about two years ago when I got sober I asked my mother if she ever thought about how her decision to date my high school friend affected me. Her answer, "I never thought of it." There was no apology, no sympathy, she did what she did because that's what she wanted.
Reading the story about Bryan Ferry made me physical ill. What a selfish act, Mr Ferry I bet your son already has issues living in the shadow of a rock star parent, now you marry his ex-girlfriend? I bet it has never crossed your mind that regardless if your son says he's ok, he's not.
I'm not ok and it's been almost 15+ years. Needless to say I won't be listening to Roxy Music anytime in the near future, I've become a non-fan of this sick and self centered narcissist.


No comments:
Post a Comment