I realized how many missed opportunities my life had seen because I sacrificed them to make someone else happy and decided that isn't going to happen any more.
Over the weekend I had the joy of spending time with good friends in the mountains of Colorado doing yoga, SUP, meditation, hiking and roasting marshmallows. Spending quality time with people who matter, reconnecting. If I was still in a relationship I probably would have passed on this weekend, truly missing amazing moments and opportunities. How sad.
Often times in the past I opted out of events because my significant other wasn't into it. I think of all those missed opportunities and I can only say I finally get that being in a relationship doesn't mean you need to sacrifice more than not to make sure your partner is happy. If they don't get your lifestyle then you're probably with the wrong partner. Find someone who supports you and gets you, then you can do the same for them.
Today I say yes to opportunity, yes to new adventures and no thank you to people, places and things that keep me from them.

No comments:
Post a Comment